Sunday, April 15, 2012

Holly's Challenge #5


Hi folks!  It's Holly posting today, and this is the card I created for the latest Classy Cards 'n Such challenge - Bling.  I've used several different types of bling on this card - glitter, rhinestones, and a bling swirl!  Here are the items I've used from Classy Cards 'n Such:

Dream stamp set (Stampavie)
Cyclamen glitter (Sparkle 'n Sprinkle)
Victorian Picket Fence die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Olive Branches die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Exotic Butterfly small die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
  
I wanted to create a fun little scene, so I started by sponging some distress inks on white cardstock.  I sponged Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress inks around the top of the card, and then Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint distress inks at the bottom.  I cut out a butterfly and added some Cyclamen glitter all over it (Glitter Roll technique from Technique Junkies), and then added it to the top of the card.  For the bling trail, I cut a small section of the Beautiful Bling Borders and adhered it below the butterfly.

The fence was cut from kraft cardstock, and I adhered the die cut leaves in various places around the fence before adhering the fence to the card.  The sentiment is stamped above the fence with black ink.  For the flowers, I punched some from pink cardstock, and then I used one of the tools from the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and the Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat, and rubbed the tool in the middle of the flowers to make them curl up.  I added the rhinestones to the centers of the flowers and then adhered the flowers to the fence.  The white cardstock was then adhered to a kraft card base.


Thanks, Holly, for another cute card!  Click the gold links above to go directly to the item in the Classy Cards shop!

We would really enjoy seeing what you have created with the products sold by Classy Cards!   You can do that when you like us Facebook here!  In addition, I've created a special discount only for Facebook followers!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: